Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Monday, May 12, 2008

"Eggs"traordinary Bravery



Kendal noticed something in the corner of his little clubhouse connected to the swing set this morning. He said it was a bird's nest. Well, curiosity got the best of us and when we went to investigate. Sure enough-a robin's nest-complete with two beautiful blue eggs.

What in the world was this mommy robin thinking? This is a place of rambunctious and frequent traffic. Our neighborhood is filled with little children who regularly enter our house and back yard. Often have ocurred the fruit snacks and cheese and cracker picnics right where she decided to create and hatch her little brood. Hopefully, it was somewhere she felt the love and happiness of children playing, or maybe it was the strawberry patch just below her. (I would build my nest there, too. It was really gutsy, though, to build there. I love strawberries as much as the next robin, but wow, that is brave.) All I know is that all children, foriegn and domestic, will not be playing there until those little ones are hatched and flying, but it will be a beautiful thing for our children (from afar- with binoculars-from our back deck door)to watch one of God's creatures create and nurture her young ones.

And being a new mom again myself, I bid her the greatest of luck with multiple babies. There are wise and glorious reasons why our children come to our home one-at-a-time. Applause and awe to those of you who have survived multiples (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU, MOLLY)!! You are "eggs"traordinary in my book!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh my goodness!! I love the music!! You are the most creative person I know!! I love ya!!
Jan

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook