Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn...



I love old barns!!



Off the bridge!!



Worth it, huh?



Yep. Off the bridge was awesome!!



Rivers...


Beautiful trees just off the road...Okay we went for a little backroad adventure!!



Even the road signs match the terrain!!



Ahhh... Nature!!

Just look at these great pictures we got on our drive Saturday as we TRIED to listen to conference. Cameron and I thought we would try to get the kids to nap some of the drive so we could hear conference and enjoy the scenery, and then we could all get a square ice cream cone at the Swan Valley Commesary. Well, the road to good intentions...something about Hell...yeah, we were there. The kids didn't cooperate as well as we had hoped. I ended up feeding Drew as I turned around to the back seat and fed him upside down as he faced the back of the truck. Avery slept a little, screamed a little, threw a fit a little and then settled for gummy frogs at the commisary. Kendal, bless him, did his best not to be bored, but he was itching to get out in the mud...oh, yeah, did I mention it rained the whole day? Mud was all over the place. But he settled for some gummy tarantulas at the commisary and pretty much played his Leapster the whole ride.

Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little. It was fun watching for cows and horses. The potato farms had just dug the potatoes and little red potatoes that had been missed dotted the muddy fields. The colors of the trees were awesome!! I even made Cameron turn around so I could take this shot off the bridge. People thought I was crazy running acrossed the bridge with a camera on a rainy day. I got a good honk of disapproval, too. Either that or the guy thought I looked really attractive in my black velor track suit that is completely out of style but happens to be the most comfy thing I own. Maybe he was just trying to get my number, who knows? OR maybe it was our Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Doug!! (Thanks for the visit, and for sharing your beautiful view of Palisades Reservoir with us.)

But the scenery was beautiful and Cameron and the kids were great company. I would like to think we could start a family tradition. I would love to make that drive every fall. It was just beautiful!! I hope I absorbed enough General Conference to get me at least until the November Ensign comes out. What I heard of it was very uplifting. Nature and scripture seem to really go well together.

All-in-all, a "picture perfect" day.

9 comments:

The Hammers said...

Awesome pics! I was thinking the clouds in town were pretty cool on Saturday, but I didn't take pictures.

As for the updates on the blog list. It will take a while,but I think it's worth it. Go to Add a Gadget and click on Blog List.It's the first gadget. Then, click on add to list and copy from your old list to the new list. Then, delete the old list. It took me a couple hour total to do my 50 people. Call me if I didn't explain myself. Also, just click on the date option, because you don't need the icon or blog title on there. It just takes up a ton of room. Give me a call if you have questions and I can help you over the phone.
Talk to you soon.

Bonnie said...

Oh my did we enjoy you and your wonderful family! Doug and I love it
at Palisades Reservoir! Everyone can come visit anytime. We are almost ready to go home mid October and be back mid April! Loved having you!
Bonnie and Doug and Tuffy and Coton.

Jan said...

I so need that picture of the barn. Sooo cool!!! Good times!
Love ya!
Jan

Kristen said...

Wow- What fun pictures. Sorry the kids weren't in the Cooperating mood. Doesn't it always seem to work out that way. We try so hard to try something fun & new.......

I love that barn too! Where is that barn? Maybe we'll have to go find it.

Billie Jo said...

Wow, If you wanted a real ride and some great barn shots throwing in more than one barn you should have headed to Kamas. I really love to read your blog. It is such a personal look at you and your thoughts. I couldn't agree more with you on the jogging suit. My brother claims I have given up on life when I wear mine! Maybe I'm just a little to comfortable with who I am and where I am in my life!!! Counting down the days until Thanksgiving!!!

The Wyler Family said...

sounds like a fun adventure!

Robyn said...

Tari what beautiful pictures, fall in the mountains of Idaho is the best. Hope all is going great with your family love Aunt Robyn

CK Black Family said...

What beautiful pictures. You live in a great part of the world! We're fortunate enough to live with an old barn in our backyard! They definitely are fun.

Sophie said...

Ah, as much as I hate fall, it sure is beautiful! I love the colors so much. I can't wait for the snow to fall!

Love ya!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook