Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Monday, April 14, 2008

As The Palm Trees Swayed...


So, this week has been a challenge for me (Tari). Cameron had a Perfusion Conference in Orlando , FL and was gone Tuesday until early Sunday morning. That means I have been a single parent of three for the past 5 days and 4 nights, while he was thousands of miles away staying in a swanky hotel in 89 degree weather (poor soul). He swears it was a business trip. I may sound bitter, and I am sure I will get over it.

It has been said: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Well, I am not sure how tough I am, but I have to say that I have moved a lot faster this week than I have in the past several months. I am not sure if it was because I was the only parent here and if I didn't do it, it didn't get done?, or if it was because I needed to stay busy in order to keep myself from missing my husband?, or the simple fact that the sun was shining, I wasn't great with child, and I was just sick of being indoors?, but what I do know is that even though it was difficult on a lot of levels, it was also really great!!

We went to several parks to fly kites even though there was not notable wind. We watched movies until after their bedtime. We had slumber parties in our big bed. We ate bacon at 8:30PM, just because it sounded good to Kendal. We drove to Pocatallo to eat at the Red Lobster with Grandma and Jan. I might not have been posting on the blog this week, but we were busy, and for the most part, having a good time.

Now there were meltdowns and tears, and sometimes the kids through tantrums, too, but we survived and persevered.

So, for all of you out there that do this and more on a daily basis, I applaud you and kiss the very grass you walk upon. Many of you have more children, more responsibility and, let's face it, more patience and creativity, but this blog is not about you invincible creatures, it is about the life and times of the Bryan Family.

We survived another week- that makes us our own kind of invincible.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Ahhh. . . fun times!!! And hopefully you won't have to do it agian for a long time!!! I loved seeing you guys even though it was only for a few minutes!! I love you!!!

Unknown said...

Hope the conference stays in Orlando and when the kids are older and you can go see mickey!
Miss you guys. Keri

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook