Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Soccer" It To Me...




Kendal Bryan is one crazy five year old soccer player. He had his first soccer practice Friday night. It was the first time he got to wear his shorts and jersey. His favorite gear are his shin guards. Get that boy behind a ball and his energy is endless.

I think he has great potential. I think it is all part of his master plan that when he kicks the ball, it jettisons off at a bizarre angle. I think he plays a little innocent when he gets someone else's ball confused with his own, and starts kicking in the wrong direction. I think he likes to hear the word "hands" over and over. My favorite is when he misses the ball all together, and ends up flat on his back in the grass. It also cracks me up when he stops practice altogether to pet a passing dog. It is almost like he has a knack for just being a kid.

I think we can all take a lesson from these five year old kids. Find joy in the journey, and take time to have fun. It is all around us, for sure, we just have to allow the kid in us to realize it.

1 comment:

Jan said...

He looks great in a uniform!!! Mikey wants to know when he is coming to visit us!!!

Love ya,
Jan

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook