Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gone Fishin'!! or Gone Crazy!!






Jan and Brian took their boys camping to Mackay this week. Mom and I (and my kids) decided to join them for the day. After a crazy 90 minute drive where nobody took a nap, and nobody could get along, we finally arrived. We went to the fish hatchery and let the kids fish the ones out of the pond. The water was so clear and shallow, you could literally put the worm right in front of the fish's face. Avery was the best angler of the day with the biggest fish (I had no idea a Barbie pole could bend so much), with a close second of Mike, who just kept bringing in fish, time after time, then Kendal, who decided to fish in the restricted area, and got one to bite.

Next came dinner that my children were completely not interested in and in the process, Avery had an "accident" (and I use that word suspiciously)in her clothes. Well, being in the wilderness and at the end of my rope, although having access to a camper with warm water, I chose to rinse her off in the creek (I know, many of you have wanted to, but few have actually done it. I was surprised at myself). I had to go in up to my knees, and it was refreshing only for a few seconds, then it was just cold. But after a few minutes of crying and drip drying, she was put in clean clothes and was fine the rest of the time. It may be old school parenting, but it worked like a charm. (I am researching ways to put a snow runoff creek in my backyard for the reduction of fits and overall tantrums. If my research proves promising, I may just write a book.)




Kendal also got to try out Josh and Mike's new Honda 50. It is so cute and just right for a 6 year old. Kendal didn't want to get off. He actually could ride it without help within 3 or 4 tries. Needless to say he wants his own now. Boys are just all about creepy crawlies and dirt. Even harder than that, is a GIRL that is all about creepy crawlies and dirt. I think if I had to pick between dirt and tantrums, I would pick the dirt and the bugs and the fish and the worms, etc. It is quite a thing to realize you don't get to pick, AND that they can all hit at the same time.

Sometimes motherhood is just so much better than we can possibly imagine it, and I mean that in the most sarcastic way!! Seriously though, I love them very much, and this will be a day I can laugh at for years to come. If I can't, I think I will just go fishin' or maybe just completely crazy!!

2 comments:

CK Black Family said...

Looks like you guys have been having a fun summer! I'm completely with you on the whole dirt over tantrum thing! Way to go Kendall on the motorcycle!

Jan said...

Last Week? Wasn't this back in July? At least that is how I remembered it!!!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook