Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sew Dang Cute!!



About 6 months ago, I was inspired to make a few little dresses for the Humanitarian effort encouraged by the church. Our Relief Society put together kits with fabric and patterns to make these adorable dresses/nightgowns. I took home a kit, vowing to finish as many as the fabric would allow. I am so embarrassed to say it has taken this long to finish, but proud to think my little hands can really make these things. I guess I always thought I really couldn't figure out how to make clothing. I am much more comfortable with quilts and burpcloths. I do have to say it was an extemely simple pattern, but all-in-all I am proud they are done...and they are cute as can be. I do have to thank Tina Price for all the support and know-how. They would still be a pile of fabric if it wasn't for her!! Thanks for your time and patience with me!!
Also, these just happen to be Avery's size. I have a lofty goal of making a couple for her with some cutesy fabric I might find shopping-complete with matching undercovers. If I actually do it, I will be sure to post.
And if you have ever had a desire to give of your time for the Humanitarian effort, you can get all the things you need at: http://www.lds.org/humanitarianservices/0,19749,6208,00.html. Go to Humanitarian Aid Kit Patterns and have a ball!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

WOW!!! what a Betty you are!! And they are "sew" dang cute!!!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook