Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wanna See Some Cute Kids??








Some days it seems like I will always be a crazy mom with little sleep and even less control. There is always laundry and dishes and messes. Some days I don't know when or if I will get a shower or even a potty break. We go from swimming lessons to playgroup to school supply shopping. Parenthood is a never ending, all-consuming, total commitment. Some days I think I would like to be anywhere else...but then, I would miss all of it, like our trip to the park today and all the green grass.

I got a flier in the mail today advertising the next Emergency Medicine Seminar in San Francisco, CA. There were lots and lots of classes I would LOVE to attend. I really thought I wanted to be a Paramedic/Flight Nurse. I really thought I wanted to wear the flight jumpsuit, leap into a helicopter in the middle of the night after being ripped from my sleep by emergency call tones. Every time I heard the ambulance wail, I wanted to chase the lights and see if anyone needed to be intubated (I used to be really good at that). I also thought this awesome career was some of the hardest work I had ever done.

Little did I know what life had in store for me. Now I am ripped from my sleep to comfort the most precious people I will ever have in my life. There is no life I can save more important than the three souls sleeping in their beds upstairs. If ever I thought I knew what hard work was, I had not yet become a parent.

Know what I did with that flier? Yep. Trashed it. And you know what? It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. This parenting stuff... is WAY BETTER!! Just look at those faces.

I may feel like the grass is greener somewhere else tomorrow (so I gotta get all the sappy stuff out tonight), but for right now, I am enjoying the shade of green right where I am standing.

3 comments:

Jan said...

You really ought to write greeting cards, ya know!!!

Love ya!!

~LisaLou~ said...

Hey Tari,
You have a good outlook on life. Someone told me once that we have a season for everything. Our season right now is with our kids... How lucky are we!
You do have beautiful children.
Love you guys, Lisa

Billie Jo said...

I am up in the middle of the night because Mia woke me up and I can't get back to sleep. I had one of those ah-ha moments the other day around Tess' bday. I realized that she will start school and be away from me for a significant part of the day. At this point I can only hope that my influence on her has been strong enought that anyone who crosses her path will know who she is and what she stands for! You are so lucky to have such great kids and a patient and loving husband! Cherish those moments!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook