Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"...And A Kerr Jar In A Pear Tree"


I must be really getting into the spirit of canning this year. I am modifying old favorite carols into fruity (pun intended) renditions of canning carols!! All I have to say is that it is good to have all that canning on the shelves when winter comes. I am looking forward to breaking the seals of these beautiful jars long about December and January and be thankful my mother, my friends, my husband and I took the time and effort to create jars of fruity yumminess to see us through the year.

Some may ask, "Why don't you just BUY the canned fruit and skip the hot, sticky, all-day project?" I would simply have to reply that home canned fruit is just better...period. No factory can make fruit taste this good. Once you have had it, it is hard to go back. It is almost impossible. And I guess if you have to ask that question in the first place, you have just plain been missing out. I suggest getting some jars, some sugar, and some friends and family over to help you see the light. Good Luck with that!! I am busheled (pun intended) and I am going to bed!! I'm hopin' for some SUGAR PEARS to dance in my head!! G'Night!!

P.S. If you haven't seen Avery in her dance leotard and tiny dance shoes, scroll down-you are in for a treat!!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

You ben one busy momma. I think that I could take a few lessons from you but all I could work myself up to do wa a little raspberry jam. I wish that I lived closer and i could get in on the canning bonanza. BYW: I love the pictures of Avery in dance class. I think it hits me a little differently than other people. It seems that these kids are growing up right before our eyes. I hope that the school year goes well for everyone!!!

Jan said...

Okay. . . Where do you come up with this stuff? You are so funny! Again I think you should be writing for Hallmark!
Jan

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook