Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bye Bye Canning Apple Pie....Filling!...And Everything Else 'Til Next Summer!!!



Apple Pie Filling Is A Sticky Project!



...But Sooo Worth It!!




I Think 30 Jars Ought To Be Enough!!



Canning Can Really Fill Up Those Food Storage Shelves!!Each Row Is 4 Jars Deep!!

It has been a great canning season...and I am all canned out-on my can-with a can of whoopdeedoo!! We have canned every fruit in Idaho Falls, or at least it seems like it. We finished the apple pie filling last night(THANKS,MOM) and all the jars are on the shelves ready for whoever may partake.

It has been tougher this year with THREE small children who need SOMETHING almost every 10 minutes (which divides out to be something for each child every 3.33 minutes, not accounting for incidentals, fits, and stopping to eat). I have had doubts that I would do ANY canning at all this year, but I am always glad to have the re-knowledge of how to do it and the reassurance of extra in the pantry. The sticky messes this year were worth it.

I have learned how to enjoy the work...make sure you have friends (Thanks Kristen and Sheri), family(It would've never happened without you, MOM and Cameron), the proper equipment (I love the CAMP CHEF. It also helps to have numerous and abundant snacks and a tall stack of child's movies), and the WILL TO PERSEVERE!!

Oh, we'll be canning again next year, for sure...but for now, bye bye!!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I love it!!! I could read your blog all day long!! So creative! And I think you did a fabulous job on those appless!!!

Keriann said...

Inspiring...maybe I'll do something next year:) I totally understand the kids thing. I would like to know your pear recipe, it is so pretty with the orange slices. Keriann

The Hammers said...

way to go girl! I'm amazed that you can get so much accomplished with three kids. I can't even find my kitchen,let alone can in it.

Billie Jo said...

You have way out done yourself! I just stopped by the case lot sale this week at Food Town. Not as Martha as you but my shelves have not been tht full for a long time.

Kristen said...

We had SO much fun canning with you. Your mom was great too. Thanks SO much for letting us bombard your on on numerous occasions. I'd have to say, the kids did pretty darn good considering. Thanks again! Til next year!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook