Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Can You Can, Can, Can?


Our peaches were as big as softballs!!


"Do Rags" are a must!!


We start them early!!


Just peachy!!


Lots to be thankful for!!

Cam and I found these awesome peaches at a roadside stand-and I just HAD to have them. Kristen Haws is a really fun neighbor down the street and she wanted to do some canning, too, so we decided to really ease into it. FIVE BOXES of PEACHES later...we had 80 jars of peachy bliss bottled and ready to put on our storage shelves!!

It was a really fun day. I guess it can seem like the kids are never happy and the peaches just go on and on and on...but when it is all over, and you've had a little time to recover, it ends up being a great experience with a yummy outcome!!

It just wouldn't have been as fun without Kristen and her awesome attitude and smart-alec comments for Cameron (Thanks for the great day!!), my fabulous mom who I lean on heavily to make sure canning turns out well each year, and even Cameron has turned out to be quite the hands-on hubby and peach slicer extraordinaire!!

Next stop...pear bliss, then apple bliss. I hope we can handle all the harvest goodness coming our way...and all the labor for our fruits!!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I love it!!! It looks like you guys had a fabuloustime. . . without me!!!! So sad really!!!

I miss you and love ya!!!

Shannon said...

YOu have to tell me ALL You know. My neighbor just gave me an enormous bag of peaches and I have to can them and have NO Clue how!

love you sister,
me

Keriann said...

Great job Tari. Your mom is so cute. Keriann

The Hammers said...

Way to go girl...and Cameron! I'm not sure I'm up for peaches just yet. I can't handle the mess. Actually, I can't seem to find my kitchen...have you seen it? Have a good day!

Kristen said...

I'm finally getting caught up on your blog again. Can you tell?! Thanks again for canning with me. I had a great time! We also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fruit. I have a feeling it's not going to last long!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook