Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Avery... I Hope You Dance!!


Her first dance class. She wore her leotard all day and waited for two weeks for her dance shoes!! She was one of two girls who DIDN'T scream the whole time)My prayers are with any dance teacher crazy enough to take little dancers at 2 1/2 years old), but she sure is cute!!


She started posing right away. The teachers said she must be a natural!!


This is one of the crazy dance teachers. She was so cute and fun. Avery loved her!


Look at her beam!! She loves being a dancer...and looking like one, too! I can get her to do almost anything as long as there is an outfit involved, and I love to dress her up so it works out for both of us!!


Standing in front of Iona Elementary (Her new preschool meets there)


She was so excited to have a backpack just like Kendal. She was really hoping she could ride a big yellow school bus, too. I am sure that won't last long once she really starts riding for real.


Miss Ranie is her teacher. She uses sign language and speech in all her classes. She really gets how Avery works. They get along great!!

Avery started new things this week. It seems like she is still too small to be jumping right into dance and preschool, but she handles herself surprisingly well. She has not had any accidents, fits, or overall misbehavior, but it IS only the first week. I reserve the right to be cautiously optimistic. I can't get over how that smile of hers seems to charm everyone into thinking she is shy and innocent. Well, I hope it lasts. I think she is adorable...in pictures!! There is so much more to her than meets the eye.

When we found out a girl would be coming into our home, I had some hopes for her. I wanted her to be her own person. I wanted her to be strong and independent. I wanted her to be spunky and adventurous. I wanted her to be confident in her abilities and believe she could accomplish whatever she feels is worth pursuing... I got what I hoped for... tightly packaged in a two year old body. I thought all her grace and wisdom would grow in time...she believes she has it all NOW!! She tries me as a mother and a person. She makes me want to be better, do better, know more, and reach higher. All my kids do...but she tries my abilities the most. I guess that may be one of the reasons why she is ours for this season of time.

I am so proud of her desire to try new things!! She is completely everything I had ever hoped for and more. She's got it all!!

Good Luck This Year, Avery! We are proud of you!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Can I keep her? She is soooo cute in her pictures. . . I can almost hear her saying "Here Luker, Luker, Luker!" Yeah, I think she needs to come stay with me!!!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook