Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Celebrating Our Freedom!!








The Fourth of July has taken on a whole meaning for me since our country has been at war with other countries. I remember walking through an airport once with my children and my sweet husband and seeing soldiers dressed in camouflage waiting for their flights. I remember it made me cry to think they may be leaving loved ones and may be looking on those faces for the last time in this life. Those brave men and women were willing to sacrifice for freedom. I didn't know what came over me, but as we walked though that airport, I had to tell each one I saw, "Thank You". It was something I will not forget. Each of them just nodded. There was no fanfare, no applause. They were just off so do whatever it took to keep our country free.

We celebrated our fourth with family. My husband and I took our kids to the zoo. Next, we went to Mom's to eat and play with aunts, uncles, and cousins. Then we watched the fireworks on the greenbelt and even lit a few of our own.

As we watched the fireworks, I couldn't help thinking of those who were far away feeling the shower of real gunfire and hearing the thunder of real bombs. There is no doubt that our freedom has never been free. Our freedom has come with a precious price. I hope if I was ever asked to be away from all I had ever known for the cause of freedom, I would be strong enough. I just think of those who are actually living away from friends and family in a strange and chaotic place full of danger and evil. I hardly think a thank you in an airport is close to enough. May we all try to remember those soldiers and their families in our prayers, and may we thank them wherever we see them. Let them know we support them!!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Dido, there is always a part of me that feels guilty that I take things for granted. The fourth looks like to was fun at your house. I love the red outfits on the kids!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook