Catcher's Report

Where we "Catch" you up on the "Team Bryan Stats" that have been "Pitched" into a "Mound" of undone blogs.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

JUMP!! The Case Of The Missing Tooth!!




Yesterday morning Kendal told me his lip felt funny, so I looked at his face..."Kendal, YOU ARE MISSING A TOOTH!!!!!!!" I exclaimed in complete shock and amazement! "

"What happened?"

Kendal proceeded to tell me a story of jumping on the trampoline with his cousins and some neighborhood kids and somehow his face collided with somebody's shoulder, and apparently...out popped our son's first tooth. Even with concerted effort, the tooth has still not been recovered, but Kendal did recieve a letter from the Tooth Fairy that she now has it and it is a bright and shiny specimen that will be great for her collection at her castle. The letter went like this:

Dear Kendal,

I was flying around in your neighborhood last night and found a tiny tooth outside your Grandma and Grandpa Bryan’s house. At first, I thought it might be Allyssa’s, but when I checked, she still had all hers. I had a feeling it might be yours, so I came over to your room, and sure enough, you were missing one!

Thank you for the beautiful tooth! I can tell you brush your teeth every day. It was so bright and shiny. You keep up the good work making sure you brush every morning and night, and especially when your mommy or daddy ask you to. If you will keep your teeth clean and white, I will be happy to take them to my castle when you lose them, and leave you a dollar in return.

Now, I don’t usually do this, but I wanted you to know how delighted I am to learn you can write your whole name! You are so smart! I also know you are a great big brother, a great friend, and a great help to your mom and dad! You are one super kid!!

I love to visit such wonderful children just like you! You are kind and loving and so good to your sister. You just remember to do your very best in all you do, believe in yourself, and always choose the right, and I will come again the next time you lose a tooth!!

Oh, and one more thing…Don’t forget to smile!! Your smile is even better with your tooth missing. It shows you are growing. Don’t ever forget how wonderful you are, and thanks again for the tooth!

Your Friend,
Tooth Fairy


We are so glad it is in good hands.

To those of you who have five-year-olds about to lose teeth, let me impart some wisdom: Don't let them jump on the trampoline with the whole neighborhood with shoulders flying and mouths wide open!! They are bound to lose something!! Thank Heavens, for Kendal, it was just his first tooth!!

3 comments:

Pitcherfam4 said...

That is a great letter to Kendal. I love keeping all the wonderful characters alive that were started so many many years ago. Can't wait till Kelty gets old enough to start them with her. I remember when my mom and dad used to give me Land Before Time dinosaurs for each tooth I lost. I loved Land Before Time and getting those just made losing teeth all the better. Keep up the wonderful blog. Shalyce

~LisaLou~ said...

Oh, what a fun story! The tooth fairy is so sweet, isn't she!
What a funny memory for a first tooth.
We love you guys!
Lisa

Bonnie said...

Kendall..thanks for spending that evening with Grama Bonnie and sharing
the Tooth Fairy Story! and watching
Taribithia Movie with me !
So very much fun!

The Bryan Team


Sign Our Guestbook